Next Sapu demo
Finally, we established the date for the long-awaited new version of Sapu demo! Other than features described in the previous post like energy-based Save Game and new camera, you’ll be able to check a new combat system, with 2 new spells! 🙂 The build will be sent to all of you subscribers on 28th of January, 2018!
If you did not join us yet, subscribe to our mailing list – don’t miss the opportunity to play demo!
One of the issues that we discovered, was that players tend to run away from enemies too much. Especially when fighting Larissa, the common tactic was to just run away from her and wait for all the cooldowns with almost no risk. Now, when the fight will begin, Sapu will have to go into combat state. This will slow him down and you’ll need to manage cooldowns more wisely, which should be much more fun than simple running around. In order to implement this system we still need to:
● Create new Sapu animations when going into “combat state”
● Implement adaptive music. Whenever fight begins, the tone and tempo of music will smoothly be changed to match what’s going on in the game.
To recompensate slowed down movement speed while in combat, we’ll introduce two new utility spells. Performing variety of combos using all the spells will be so fun and rewarding – can’t wait! Also, we are working on more powerful spells such as Icewall (this won’t be included in demo though). Take a look:
While improving overall gameplay for the demo, we’re still working on Cave locations. Here’s the progress of work on another enemy that you’ll have to face – a big Magma Golem:
Damn, fighting with him will be so challenging. Can’t wait to see him in action!
Indie Games Contest
We are participating in FreeGalaktus Indie Contest for the best Indie Game. Your votes will be much appreciated! Also, tell your friends about it!
How to vote?
1. Go to http://freegalaktus.pl/sapu/
2. Click “VOTE FOR THIS GAME!” (button below screenshots and info)
3. You’ll be redirected to the new voting page, go to the bottom and make sure that Sapu is checked
4. Click “I’m not a robot” and vote!
Thank you! This can boost up our development tremendously.